Monday, October 29, 2007


Bless me, father, for I have not blogged! It has been months since my last entry. Please have mercy.
That's me seeking absolution for being a derelict blogger. I guess I'm just not into the habit...but I hope to be soon.

Anyway, I've been busy recently and I find myself being a little more picky about what I spend my time doing...but on the other hand there's a strong temptation to procrastinate as well. Strange how that works. Just when you need to be efficient and do what needs to be done every bone in your body cries out, "run away, run away"! But at the end of the day, all that has happens is the proverbial ostrich head-burying. It's still there - that thing you need to do, that person you need to call, those 5000 emails you have to respond to! It can seem overwhelming.

I've been thinking recently about where my strength is - especially when I collapse at the end of the day in a heap! Those who hope/trust/wait on the Lord (Yahweh - the one who made all that exists) will find that they have renewed strength. Soaring like eagles...walking without fainting. That's what God says. Oh, to realize that kind of strength! But I, well, I find myself pressing, more often than not, using my own strength to do what I think I need to do. Boy, what screwed up priorities...what messed up priorities! I, I, I, I - where's the focus? "Seek first My kingdom", God says, "and you'll have all you really need". It's as if He says, "run after me and my priorities; getting to know me and the way I think; not building your own little castle in the sand but my indestructible kingdom...I know what you really need and what you really need to be doing, so why don't you ask"?

So, here I am at my computer committing myself yet again to God's priorities and to asking him to remind me what they are. I can't be truly effective in my own strength...I need a power that I don't possess in myself. But God knows me better than I know myself - he made me - and he says that if I trust him my strength will be renewed...with His strength, the very power of Christ, filling me! That same power that filled Jesus with resurrection life fills me! Wow, God, let this be true for me...may your spirit, power, and priorities fill me today and everyday.

I praise you. I trust you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home